Friday, August 08, 2008

Definitely Better

I know it may not look like it, but this dish turned out waaayyyy better than that last little adventure.  I present to you the "Mighty Migas"!  And let me tell you it really was easy (all prepared in one simple skillet, thank God) and quite tasty.  It's a brunchy sort of tortilla, cheesy, eggy dish.  I must say, though, that I'm a little perplexed by chorizo.  I thought it was going to cook up like sausage but instead it seemed to virtually melt away as it was cooking which - having never cooked with it before - I don't know if that is supposed to happen or if I just got a lousy product.  The flavor was still great I thought.  (Erik didn't seem as impressed as I was.)  I did leave out the 1.) jalapeno peppers because I am, after all, feeding children and b.) the avocado because I'm just not a fan.  

So my hope is renewed.  Now if I could just find the money and time to make more frequent efforts perhaps I will be ready to entertain in the next year or so.  Who wants to be first?


1 comment:

Gayla said...

me! me! pick me to be first!!! :-) i'll try all your new food and i would LOOOOOOVE a trip to the NE to escape this tulsa august. (actually today isn't so bad... but STILL...)