Monday, September 25, 2006

Another debacle in the kitchen



It sounded good on paper. Cozy Cheese Strata. Not so appetizing in real life, though, huh? The good news is that I think I have found the common denominator on these two recent disasters. I'm pretty sure it is a combination of doubling and eggs. The recipes I am working from are either for 6 people or 2 . . . basically too much or too little for us. So what I was trying to do was take the recipe for 2 and double it. Seems simple enough, right? Sure, until you actually compare the recipes and see that the difference in the eggs is 1 small egg for the 2 person and 1 large egg for the 6 person. Come on! Now, what I want to know is this. Does anyone out there shop at a grocery store that actually offers small eggs? All I have ever seen are things like large, extra large, jumbo, stuff like that. Not fair, I tell you. Not fair!

I did have one dish turn out alright last week (read: fully cooked), but it still wasn't really . . . . "right". I'll keep trying, though. Quincy said something about lasagna last week. Maybe we'll give that a shot sometime soon. I'm pretty sure there are no eggs, so what's the worst that can happen?

Don't answer that.

No comments: