Monday, December 05, 2005

What busy holidays?

Alrighty then, it looks like we have completed all of our "formal" holiday obligations in one fell swoop, and we're not even one full week into December. Last night was our work party and since we both work for the same place, that's it. Yea! And due to our current financial standing, Christmas shopping will consist probably of an afternoon trip to Target to snag a few things for the kids. My family in AR does white elephant so you really need to be present to participate, and my in-laws have informed us that their trip out here is kind of their gift to us and themselves. There is no room for a tree in our apartment and one full box of decorations is either buried in storage or never made it to OR, so decorating was a cinch. I will be sending out some Christmas cards, but I'm not too stressed about that.
I have to say, this really is quite nice. I looooove being at rest through the holidays rather than being consumed by them. I do still work retail so there is that madness to deal with, but at home, it's pretty much good. It's simple. I hate being over planned and completely scheduled. I'm too "type B" for that. And I have nothing in me that needs to conjure up some picture perfect holiday scene for my kids. I prefer instead to operate in reality and we are hardly picture perfect. I don't necessarily want all of our Christmases to be this "tight", but I do hope we are able to keep the simplicity with us. For me, it is so much more fun this way.

No comments: