Friday, April 27, 2007

Another year older . . . times 2

And then we had birthdays. The kids are 2 years and 12 days apart and this is the first year that we did a joint birthday party. I kind of hate to do that, but there were circumstances - one being duplicate guest lists - that made it seem just more practical. I gave them the option, and after a little thought they decided it was okay to have one shared party. Fortunately, since the advent of Belleville Lego sets, they were also able to agree on a single "theme".

I hesitate to post pictures just in case Gayla still checks in here. My efforts seem just a little less than pitiful when compared to the pirate extravaganza she put together. Oh well, we all work with the skills we have right? The kids seemed to have fun.

So here's a little bit of what it looked like . . . .



The kids hung the streamers themselves.










And yes, I know he needs a haircut. . . . .

2 comments:

cori said...

Yeah!!! You're back! I was beginning to wonder if you got lost in the big, black hole of the web out there. :) Your family pictures are beautiful. I especially love the one of y'all in the snow - what beautiful scenery! When's your due date?

Gayla said...

HA! I actually laughed out loud when I read my name in your blog. Your party looks like lots of fun and you deserve a BIG congrats on doing the double party while pregant! You, my friend, are a hero!