Friday, October 20, 2006

Greetings from the road

Probably won't post much over the next week (I say that as if I post regularly) since we are currently in the land of country and Christian music for a wedding, followed by a road trip to NW Arkansas for a long overdue visit with my family. I have been away from the south long enough to forget how weddings are done around these parts. The bride is Alabama born and bred and sweet as can be. But man, I live in a totally different world. There are actually lots of things I would change about my own wedding if I ever got the chance for a do-over, but I think that with all the money and time in the world it would never be this perfect. I'm a fairly organized person, but way too type B for that. I think that's why Oregon suits me better. The first time I visited Portland, I noticed how many women had unstyled hair and no makeup. Then it occurred to me, what's the point since the rain just makes your face run and your hair frizzy. Here, I am definitely out of my element. The good news -- it really doesn't bother me so much anymore. As Adelaide said to me recently after one of her successful trips to the potty, "Look! I'm growing!"

Here's to getting a little more comfortable in my very own skin.

1 comment:

Gayla said...

Hope your trip was great! What is your email address? for future reference...
g