Saturday, April 01, 2006

Bad wife. No biscuit.

When I started this blog, I told no one. I can't really explain why. I could try, but I doubt it would make any sense to anyone. Trust me, you do not want to go that deep into the workings of my brain. I just wanted some kind of secret place that was all mine. (I can not go and pee with any confidence that I will actually be alone for the duration of the event.) There may be strangers who read bits of it here and there, but I never know. They're quiet, so really, I never even know they are there. (Again, a place like this does not currently exist in my world.)
It has been a few months now, and I still have not told anyone about this. My friend Cori knows because I posted a response on her blog not knowing that it would link back to mine. (By the way, you should visit hers sometime. mommystories.blogspot.com. Totally more fun to read than this.)
Anyway, I have now been truly discovered. Last week my husband found out I was blogging, and to see and hear his response you would think I was trafficking drugs while he was at work. I guess I can understand his, I don't know, surprise . . . disappointment . . . . concern? And I'll admit that I was intentionally keeping it a secret so in a way it's good that it's out there now. Although, now I actually have someone audibly harping on me to post something. That could be good or bad. We'll just have to see. Perhaps this will be our new mode of communication since we primarily work opposite shifts at work. (Hey honey, we need milk.) So yes, I have been a bad wife, but I feel confident that my marriage will weather the storm. For now, I must blog in an effort to keep the peace and redeem myself, one post at a time.

1 comment:

cori said...

Too funny, Heather! :) I can totally picture Erik having a cow. :)

Yep, now the pressure is on. You need to start cranking out those posts.

Chuck used to always be on me when I first started blogging. Then I realized I actually liked writing in this format...that's when I started doing it for myself. It was very important for me to realize who my audience was. I only write for my family. I don't mind other's reading it, but I don't write to appease them or to only get comments.

I write so that my children will read it 20 years from now and have a glimpse to their past.

I write as an outlet to a stressful day.

I write as a way to journal and remember things that mind would not have the capacity to remember once I get older.

Find your niche and blog to your heart's content! I LOVE reading what you have to say and am thankful for this fun way to still keep in touch. You have a lot to give and some amazing thoughts, Heather. Happy Blogging!

p.s. - we've been reading this awesome book lately that I think you might also enjoy, you can read it online at www.jakecolsen.com (let me know what you think)